RES Mission Statement
Houston County Schools, believing that our children are our future, commit to a partnership with stakeholders, to provide safe, caring learning environments that encourage each student to achieve to his or her full potential.
- A school community should be a safe and caring environment that promotes respect, self-worth, creativity, and academic growth.
- All stakeholders should work collaboratively.
- Education must be responsive to the diversity of our students.
- A school community should foster the intellectual, emotional, and physical well-being of each student.
- Education should be celebrated as a lifelong process that fosters personal growth.
RES Vision Statement
Houston County Schools, in partnership with our stakeholders, will prepare students to lead productive lives and meet the high expectations of a competitive global society. In this pursuit, we will strive to become innovative, exemplary, and technology-rich centers for learning. We will inspire, challenge, and empower students to become responsible citizens and lifelong learners who are excited by the challenges of tomorrow. By implementing high quality, research-based educational strategies in a safe, secure, and nurturing environment, we will insure the success of our students to compete in the twenty-first century. While sharing this vision, we will shape the future through perseverance, dedication, and teamwork.